4 Great Red Lipsticks

50 Comments

In the words of Taylor Swift, “And I got that red lip classic thing that you like”…Yes, her and I have 1 thing in common at least, and that is our love of lipstick. Specifically red lipstick. There’s just something about it that’s so classy, it can really elevate your entire look. I feel like not enough of us women step outside our comfort zone and just go for it! Anyone can wear red, it just depends on the shade you need for your skin tone. Since I’m very pale, I know I look best in reds that have a blue-ish tint to them (if that makes sense). I want to share with you 4 great red lipsticks that I use and hopefully this will inspire some of you to go pick up your own and try them out ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Great Red Lipsticks

1st, before applying your lipstick, make sure you scrub your lips with a good exfoliant. I use thisย yummy smelling oneย from LUSH Cosmetics.

IMG_0004_2IMG_0015_2IMG_0006_2IMG_0016_2

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in “Love That Red”ย is that perfect true red, there are no orange or pink undertones. It’s a very versatile color that goes with everything. Also, this stuff goes on great and is very moisturizing.ย

IMG_0003_2IMG_0011_2IMG_0019_2IMG_0014_2IMG_0018_2

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Cruella”ย is another great shade, but is a deeper red with a magenta hue to it. I’d say it’s a pretty sexy shade and is especially great for a night out!

IMG_0002_2IMG_0009_2IMG_0010_2

Kat Von D Lipstickย is a fun orangey-red shade that I like a lot. It goes on matte and has good staying power. I like to wear an all black outfit and then put this on for a nice pop of color ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_0005_2IMG_0020_2IMG_0024_2IMG_0022_2

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in “Venizia”ย is a pretty pinky red that will be great for the summer months. I got it in my Birchbox months back and loved it. it dries to a nice matte stain and lasts all day!

50 Comments
  • Your bestie

You are so freaking adorable! Love you

• Robin Masshole Mommy

Those are all super cute. I don’t wear lipstick, but red sure stands out ๐Ÿ™‚

• jessanderson

Thank you! And yes, it took me a while to get comfortable wearing such a bold color and now I can’t stop lol

• tara pittman

Lots of cute red lips. I cant seem to apply lipstick to where it looks good.

• jessanderson

Lip liner is key so it won’t “bleed out”. Also, a lip brush can get it nice and perfect ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Laura Starner

Red lipstick is so different. You would think that red is red but they all look different on each person. Great looks for you.

• jessanderson

Thanks Laura! And you’re so right, one red on me might look completely on someone else…

• Agnes Dela Cruz

I have Revlon Super Lustrouis Creme Lipstick in 525 ( Wine is Everything) and been using it for night wear when I need to accentuate and highlight a big smile. My daily lipstick is Maybelline Rebel Bouquet REB08. For a creamy and light shade.

• jessanderson

I haven’t tried any Maybelline lipsticks yet! I don’t know about you, but creamy ones r a must have for me, my lips tend to get dry a lot.

• tina

Yes red lipstick with a blue tint (as opposed to a yellow tint) would be better for you with your dark hair. OK, that’s pretty old fashioned, when we had something called “Colorizing” or some such, where we were told what looks good on us and what doesn’t! But the truth of the matter is, even though it’s old fashioned, it’s still true!! I wear red with the blue tint, or hot pink with the blue tint, but not the yellowish! Go for it and you’ll feel terrific!

• jessanderson

Hey Tina ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, you’re so right! Im actually planning on going back to my blonde in the near future but the blue tinted reds will still be my go to.

• Carol Cassara

These are great. I love a beautiful red lip and just packed a red shade for my upcoming trip tomorrow.

• jessanderson

Thanks Carol. Have fun on your trip wherever you’re going!

• Elizabeth O.

I love red lipsticks, they are effortless. I like the plum ones though, like the darker shades of red. These are great, my favorite right now is L’Oreal!

• Rachel Mouton

I love the last red! That’s definitely a shade I would wear :0

• jessanderson

Yeah I love that one too! It takes a bit to get used to getting a good application but once it’s on, it stays alllll day which is SO awesome.

• Nicole Escat

Wow! Love them all. So cute and elegant. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it Nicole ๐Ÿ˜€

• Ana Fernandez

I love red lipstick for special occasions so I would love to buy one of these!

• Dana

I love the Revlon color on you best!

• jessanderson

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ That one is the one I use the most!

• Melisa

I LOVE red lipstick, but it looks awful on me. I’ve tried every sort of shade, from orangey to purpley, and red just isn’t my friend. *Sigh*

• jessanderson

Oh no, I’m sure you look great with it!

• Lawrence Hamilton

Very nice. Great for the wife. Not so much for the teenager!

Haha yes. I don’t think it’s my husbands favorite, it’s def more for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Katy

All these look so good on you, I’m always too scared to try red lipstick.

• jessanderson

Oh thank you, you’re sweet ๐Ÿ˜€ you should really try it, I’m sure it’d look great on you!

• R U S S

I am addicted to red lipsticks and I hoard them, lol. Red Lipsticks could easily make me feel better when Im feeling down or if I need that extra dash of confidence, these red lipsticks never fail to do their work. NARS & Kat Von D are two of my favorite brands. They always make the perfect red shades for lippies.

• jessanderson

Yeah I totally agree! I’ve only used Kat Von d lipstick so far but I really wanna to try other stuff from her line. And you can never go wrong with Nars…my fav beauty product ever is their creamy concealer.

• Christine - Jar Of Lemons

You’re so cute! Those shades look great on you. I’ll have to try a few of them out!

• jessanderson

Thanks so much โค๏ธ And I love your blog by the way!

• Amy Jones

Revlon never lets you down, i loved the first one it indeed makes your lips seem big and sexy, great post ! Loved the pictures!

• jessanderson

Thanks Amy ๐Ÿ˜ I’m planning on doing a whole bunch more of beauty posts, it was so fun!

• Maya

Red lipstick scares me….you have to be careful to pick the right color. It looks great on you, the stila one looks amazing!

• Mardene Carr

I don’t think I have ever worn a red lipstick. In fact I am more of a lip gloss person, not too sure why

• Christina Aliperti

I love all of these reds. I think many women feel like they can’t pull off a red lip but there is a red for everyone!

Yes that’s so true! And thank u ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mademoiselle Coconath

Love every shade!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath

• Ana

I love the Nars lipstick the pigment looks beautiful x

• Michelle Blackwood

Wow, amazing red lipsticks, I need to purchase some lip exfoliant!

• jessanderson

Thanks Michelle! I can’t tell u what a difference using the exfoliant makes. And the Lush one smells a-mazing โค๏ธ

• Liz Mays

I’ve been told with my coloring that red lipstick would be great on me. It’s just pow that I’m not sure I can pull it off. I LOVE it on you though!

Oh you could totally pull it off! Go for it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Urvi

Lovely red. I want to have one but some how my husband don’t like red at all. I don’t know why. But it looks great on you.

• jessanderson

Oh I feel you, my husband doesn’t care for it either cause it gets a little messy ๐Ÿ˜ thank you though!

• RaNesha

Those colors look great on you. My fav is Milani.

• Ann Bacciaglia

I love these colors on you. I always wear a light gloss. I will have to try a bold color this spring.

• jessanderson

Thanks Ann ๐Ÿ˜€ there’s something about a bold lip that’s so fresh and fun for spring โค๏ธ

• Kathy Kenny Ngo

your bag and the red NARS one caught my eye the most … I wear red but it makes me look more fierce and I have the resting B face so I tend to go for nudes.

Haha that’s too funny ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nars has some amazing nudes also