Ways To Improve Your Life and Bring Happiness

32 Comments
Happiness

Everybody wants to be happy, to find that holy grail blueprint that will be the go-to formula that gives us that instant happiness. A lot of people believe that money does indeed buy happiness. I agree with this to a certain point, that yes of course you will be happier if you’re not having to stress over financial problems. Everyone would be a lot less stressed if they could all afford a nice vacation to that tropical island or that nice new designer purse they’ve been eyeballing. But that kind of happiness is fleeting, it comes and goes. It never sustains you because it’s not true happiness. True happiness comes from within and cannot be bought. It is a choice that you have to accept and it comes hand in hand with practicing self love.

I’ve had a lot of life changes happen in the past 6 months, some good and a lot of bad unfortunately. I just haven’t felt like myself and have been letting myself give into the darkness that I feel. I’m not depressed, I’ve just been given a lot on my plate and haven’t been handling it as well as I could be. So I’ve decided to take action into my own hands and work on getting happy again. I’ve been working on ME, which in turn helps my family too. I decided that I’m going to stop looking at this little period in my life as not a struggle but as an opportunity for growth.

So with that, I just want to say that I’m not going to turn For Blue Skies into a hippie, tree hugger type of blog or anything 🙂 I just want to work on striving to be a better person in general. I want to keep growing, as a momma, as a wife, as a person…I’m excited to keep you all updated 🙂

Apply these principles and ideas and see if they help you as well.

Stop Self Destructing With Social Media

I know I’m not the only one who will scroll through Instagram only to get a little (ok a lot!) jealous seeing all of the beautiful outfits and glamorous trips that people are posting about. I have to actually stop and remind myself that while it may appear that these people have it all together and have the perfect life, that’s not the case! People are naturally only going to post about happy times and you can’t gauge your self worth on this.

Practice Self Love

Work on finding self love and stop being so hard on yourself. Forgive yourself for the little things you’re beating yourself up about and enjoy life! Be a little selfish and put yourself first for once 🙂

Embrace Change

Change is always a scary concept but it can be a good thing, even if it doesn’t seem like it at the time.

Exercise

This a given. It may be hard to get started but trust me, there is nothing like a good workout. You’re not just burning calories, you’re also reducing stress and boosting your mood thanks to the rush of endorphins.

Even just putting aside 15 minutes to read is important to keep your mind active. It improves your focus and is proven to reduce stress. I use reading as my “me’ time, usually in bed or I’ll grab a few minutes while Ryder is sitting on the floor next to me playing.

Let Go

Let go of worry, of guilt, of blame, of regrets, of comparing, etc. All of this just weighs you down.

Start A Morning Routine

If you don’t already do so, try and start your mornings in the best way possible. Wake up a little bit earlier so you can enjoy your breakfast a little bit longer, have that cup of coffee, do some light cleaning, etc. It’ll help set the pace for the rest of the day.

I want to finish up with this quote I found and posted on my Tumblr page.

“My goal in life is to be one of those people who are just light. You see them and you suddenly feel so warm inside and all you want to do is hug them. And they look at you and smile with the warmest light in their eyes…. and you love them. maybe not in a romantic way but you just want to be close to them and you hope some of their light transfers onto you.” – Author unknown to me at this time

32 Comments
  • Kari Ann

These are greats tips especially social media! I notice I am much happier when I am not looking on Facebook to see all the things I am missing out on. I never even really realized it even had any effect on me but it actually does.

• jessanderson

Oh yeah, me too. It’s so hard since I’m on social media all the time too ☺️ it helps if I unplug and stop checking the last hour or so before bed.

• Shannon Peterson

Letting go has been the biggest thing to allow me to be happier!

• jessanderson

That’s awesome! It’s easier said than done sometimes so good for you 😀

• Amy Jones

Personally i love exercising, it makes me feel happy and energetic! Sometimes im scared of letting go, but blogging has taught me a lot of things, maybe its time to be braver! =)

• jessanderson

I’m right there with ya, I’m new to blogging and I’m slowly getting more comfortable with it. it’s made me step out of my comfort zone. Awesome part about it though is getting to meet and talk with new people like you though!

• berlin

Letting go is a nice way to cope up with stress which will eventually lead to happiness, I guess. A nice morning routine is definitely new to me which i will surely start asap. Thanks!

• jessanderson

Good I hope the morning routine can start your day in the best way possible. I know it does for me ✨

• Elizabeth O.

These are all perfect, I don’t like sharing what I’m going through in my social media accounts, that’s toxic and unhealthy. Self love is important, especially when you have people relying on you, like a husband or kids. I love how you explained each one! Bring in the good vibes!

• jessanderson

Thank you so much Elizabeth ❤️ I’m the same way, I tend to be a very private person and I’m actually working on being MORE sharing and open lol

• Michelle Gwynn Jones

I’m not much for envying people on social media. You are so right, most, people only post the good parts.

• jessanderson

So true Michelle! Thanks for reading!

• Elizaveta Hesketh

I am guilty with social media! It is hard not to get involved with Facebook conversations, and responses!

• Sage

Embrace change, yes! Six years ago, I packed up my life and moved overseas. It seemed daunting at the time, but the rewards have been beyond my wildest dreams!

• jessanderson

That’s so amazing, Good for you! I see you’re in Denmark, I’m jealous lol 😍 I’m Danish and have family in Copenhagen.

• lexie lane

Love the tips and ideas. Glad you shared it.
    That would be helpful. Thanks!

• Laurie

Exercise really does help your mood. Even if it’s just a walk around the block.

• jessanderson

Yes I’m excited for the warm weather so I can do lots of neighborhood walks 😀

• Patrice M Foster

Letting go and love yourself is very important. I think the people on social media share how happy and fulfilling their lives is going. They never share what real but I don’t think anyone want to hear you are struggling. If you are looking for Facebook to improve or bring happiness. Stop believe everything you see. its easy to feel stressful and unhappy trying to be life others.

• Ana Fernandez

A morning routine es essential for me! It is so necessary to start my day correctly

• MsCrookedHalo

It has gotten to me not believing when people only post the good things that happen in their lives. Everyone has disappointments and struggles and I prefer that they keep it real.

• Colette S

I love your list.
    My number one is trying to practice that self love.
    It’s tough.

Thank you.

• Lisa Rios

Such a wonderful post & these are some great tips to bring real happiness in life. I agree with the Social Media Self Destruction stuff & I am very much sure that change is something you need to accept if you are looking for positives to happen around.

• Ron Leyba

I need to really do all of this to make my life more happy and a bit interesting. Thanks for sharing them up!

• Natasha Mairs

I actually suffer with depression and I have been feeling quite low recently. So I have been doing little things that make me happy to lift my mood. Like having my morning cup of tea in the garden and listening to the birds. Going to bed a little bit earlier and reading a book before I go to sleep. It’s these little thing that actually make me happy,

• Mardene Carr

Great ways to improve anyone’s live and live more happy. It all starts with self love, then all the others will easily fall into place

• Yana

Love these tips. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

• Melissa Bernardo

Letting go of things can lead to happiness but sometimes it’s hard to.

• Kathy Kenny Ngo

So glad to know you made that decision. I support you whole heartedly. It’s always good to add goodness to the world.

• Ayesha Heart

This spells POSITIVITY! I love it! Thanks for the awesome tips.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Shannon M.

Great post! I turned off my phone for about 4 days when I was on my last vacation and it felt so good to be disconnected with social media and more connected with my husband and family. I am trying to take breaks here and there from it to detox from the crap.

• Jessica Anderson

That was a great idea, I def need to do that on our next vacay. I’m sure it helped to be more “in the moment” 😀