Tips On How To Become A Morning Person

25 Comments
How To Become A Morning Person

We are halfway through the week and what better way to kick start the day than having on my first guest blogger πŸ™‚ Lindsey from andthekitchensink.net is giving her tips on how to become a morning person because let’s face it, most of us aren’t naturally morning people and everyone can use a little help on the subject. So without further ado…

We all know at least one person who is alwaysΒ full of energy at 8 in the morning. Becoming a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed morning person is no easy task. Β However, there are many advantages to waking up early. Waking up early allows you more time to be productive or gear upΒ before you take on the day. It’s going to take a little more than setting your alarm earlier. Night owls, do not fret, with a few simple changesΒ you too can become a morning person!

Create a nighttime routineΒ

My bedtime routine consists of putting the last of the dishes in the sink (or dishwasher if I’m feeling adventurous), taking off my makeup, putting in my retainer, and bringing the cat to bed. Regardless of your routine, try to do the same thing every night. Over time, your body will get used to the ritual and know that it means it’s time for bed.

Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends
Set an alarm and wake up at the same time every single day.Β Eventually, you’ll get to the point where you won’t even need an alarm clock. We started setting the alarm at 7:45am for work each morning, and now even on the weekends, the BF wakes up naturally around 7:30am every single morning.

Lighten up your morning
Exposure to light when you wake up Β will cause you to become more alert. Allow natural light into your bedroom in the mornings by opening the blinds or curtains.

Don’t do it alone
If you have an accountability partner you’ll be more likely to stick to your early wake-up routine. Get your spouse on board or convince a friend to join you for a morning workout. A pet can also be a great source to making sure you’re up early. My cat Midnight makes sure breakfast is never missed in our household.

Avoid caffeinated drinks after 2pm
If you have trouble falling asleep at night, try avoiding energy drinks and other caffeinated beverages after 2pm. Caffeine’s effects can last anywhere from 8 to 14 hours. If you struggle with falling asleep at night, consider stopping your caffeine consumption even earlier in the day.

We are going to be moving in June, which means I’ll have to wake up earlier to make itΒ to workΒ on time. I’ve been slowly implementing changes to reach this goal, so far I’ve been able to get up at 7:30 every day for the past week! Eventually, I want to be waking up at 7am. There are still times where I went to bed too late or couldn’t fall asleep right away, but implementing a new habit such as this takes some getting used to.

Are you a morning person? Would you like to become one?

Lindsey is a frugal living lifestyle blogger from North Carolina who enjoys posting about her frugal lifestyle, household tips and tricks, budget friendly recipes, and traveling on a budget.You can find her lovely blog at andthekitchensink.net

25 Comments
  • Lauren

Great tips! I need to gt better about waking up the same time every day…it’s hard with kids, I’d have to beat them to it and that would be pretty early lol

• Rachel @ {i love} my disorganized life

I love being up before everyone else! These are great tips, though, and I could totally use them for the mornings I’m exhausted!

• Jessica Anderson

I do too Rachel. I like to enjoy a cup of coffee and have some “me” time before everybody else gets up πŸ™‚

• Samantha

My goal for years was to be an early riser; your tips are right on point. For the last couple of months I’ve been getting up early (aside from maybe, two days I decided to sleep in). What gets me up and moving is knowing I have a workout to complete! πŸ™‚

• Bryn Bradsher

Really great tips! I was never a morning person but with a full time job, a blog, family and friends I started waking up earlier to get everything done and it really is something your body gets used to!

xo Bryn

• Jessica Anderson

Yes Bryn, it def takes a while to get used to. Now my body just knows when it’s time to get up, I don’t even need an alarm!

• Stephanie Amber

I surely need this!

• Christine Anne

These are great tips! I’m not a morning person but I try so hard to get up early to workout before work. But I usually have to get up around 5:00/5:30 am and then my brain tells me that I can sleep longer and just do it after work (which I hate) lol.

• Jessica Anderson

Working out in the morning def helps set the pace for the rest of the day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜€

• Shannon

I’m definitely a morning person…it’s so nice being up and enjoying a cup of coffee before everyone else is up! Going to bed at a decent time is definitely the best advice. Great post/tips!

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

• KP

Getting up the same time every day, even weekends, is SO HARD…even though it makes complete sense. There are so many more things I could accomplish if I got up earlier on the weekends!

• Angie

Thanks! I fear it’ll never work out quite this well for me, but I can try!

• Candy W.

When I have to work, I can’t seem to wake up in the morning, but if it’s a day off I’ll be up and ready to start the day:) Maybe if I try tip #2 it will help me out!

• Jessica Anderson

Yes, why does that happen? I tell myself on the weekends that I’m gonna sleep in for once but my body never lets me!

• Glenny

Love it! Because of anxiety i only allow myself to drink coffee right in the AM and no more after 12pm (I shouldn’t even be drinking coffee tho! Lol) first thing I do is open my curtains to let the sun in (unless winter lol!) I think these rotational shifts have been killing my sleeping pattern tho πŸ™

• Jessica Anderson

Yeah, coffee at night is no good! And letting in natural light is such a good idea πŸ™‚

• Julia

Really need these tips! Thank you

• Diana Marcos

I am definitely not a morning person, and I am more productive during the night, but these tips are really great. Thank you, Jessica! <3 -Diana

• Jessica Anderson

Of course! Use them for mornings when you absolutely have to get up early πŸ™‚

• Alexie

Have a baby! Haha great list mama!

• molly

Great tips! I have so much trouble waking up in the morning.

XX
    Molly

• Chloe

Omg I absolutely need those tips and will totally be trying them out. Love your blog so much, and the layout of all your posts. So adorable πŸ™‚

• Jessica Anderson

Chloe, you are too sweet, thank you <3 You and your friend Iman have a great blog as well. I'll make sure to follow along.